- Choreography and dance: Pirjo Yli-Maunula
- Composition and performance: Joonas Widenius (guitar)
- Light design: Timo Pirttimaa
- Costume design: Pirjo Valinen
- Make up: Yanski Sova
- Photos: Jussi Tuokkola
- Production: Flow Productions
- Premiere of the gallery version: Oulun Art Museum, in the opening of the exhibition Gl´amour, March 5, 2010
- Premiere of the stage version: Culture Centre Valve, Oulu, 10 November 2010
A miniature piece, Elegy is a collaboration with Pirjo Yli-Maunula and guitarist Joonas Widenius. Part choreographed, part improvised, Elegy is a combination of contemporary dance and flamenco-style music.
Elegy is a melancholic love song, a poem to a loved one from the edge of the world.
“Pirjo Yli-Maunula is performing the ecstatic Elegy with guitar player Joonas Widenius in the Alvar Aalto Museum. The scene is almost stolen by a cluster of Aalto’s fantastic chairs that are fixed to a wall. Not to worry: Yli-Maunula knows how to whip herself up in a frenzy that sucks the audience in, overwhelming the space. And the large, blood-red dress is magnificient.” A review of Elegy at Time of Dance festival. Helsingin Sanomat, Oct 29, 2010, Jussi Tossavainan.
5 March 2010 Oulu Art Museum (1)
25 September 2010 Alvar Aalto Myseum, Jyväskylä, Tanssin Aika-festival (1)
10.-13 November 2010 Culture Centre Valve (4)
13 January 2011 Oulu Art Museum (1)
12 February 2011 Kokkola town theatre, Talvitanssit-festival (1)
18-19 February 2011 Culture Centre Valve, Oulu (1)
May 5, 2011 Oulu Science Centre (variation of the piece), opening of an exhibition
June 8, 2011 Oulu City Theatre (variation of the piece), opening of a meeting
December 2 and 8, 2011, in Valssaamo, Cable Factory, Helsinki